“So many insights and valuable lessons – loved the case studies to really bring things to life.” – Georgia G.
In INSPIRED, we share the best practices and techniques used by the top product teams operating in the product model.
Next, in EMPOWERED we shared the best practices and techniques used by the top product leaders to provide their teams with the kind of environment they need to thrive in the product model.
Yet, the most common question after reading INSPIRED and EMPOWERED has been: “Yes, we want to work this way, but the way we work today is so different, and so deeply ingrained, is it even possible for a company like ours to transform to the product model?”
The TRANSFORMED workshop and upcoming book were created to bridge the gap between where most companies are right now and where they need to be.
The leaders of these companies know they must transform to compete in an era of rapidly changing enabling technology, but most of them have never operated this way before.
The TRANSFORMED workshop has three big goals:
- First, we will educate you with a deep understanding of the product operating model, and what it means to work that way.
- Second, we will try to convince you with detailed case studies of successful transformations, that while difficult, it is absolutely possible for you to transform your company to the product operating model.
- Third, we will inspire you with truly impressive case studies of product innovation, showing what you too will be capable of doing once you successfully transform.
TRANSFORMED is for those driving change, including the senior company leaders—starting with the CEO—as well as the senior executives and stakeholders who need to collaborate with the product teams, the product leaders, the members of the product teams, and all those who either support or depend on these product teams.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is designed for the leaders out there that are trying to help their companies transform: CEO’s, Chief Digital Officers, Chief Transformation Officers, heads of product (CPO) and heads of technology (CTO, CIO), as well as other key change agents trying to help their company succeed in this journey, such as product or transformation coaches, managers, and influential individual contributors.
The purpose of the workshop is to provide a comprehensive look at what’s involved in a successful transformation to the product model.
This means understanding the necessary new product competencies, the necessary new product concepts, and the critical principles that you’ll need to get right. It also includes tackling the difficult objections, and addressing inevitable problems.
Here are the specific questions we’ll be covering:
- what is the product model, and what does it really mean to transform?
- what can a company do once they’ve transformed that they couldn’t do before?
- what are the new core competencies that the product model depends on?
- what are the new core concepts that the product model depends on?
- what are the set of product first principles that you need to get right?
- how do we assess our organization and create a plan to transform?
- what are the tools and techniques for adopting and managing the required changes?
- what are the common objections from each key stakeholder, and how are they best addressed?
- what are the common problems encountered when moving to this model, and how are they best overcome?
Upcoming Public Workshops
explore other workshops
Intended for product, engineering, and design leaders and managers responsible for creating product organizations with empowered product teams. Topics focus on coaching, product vision, team topology, product strategy, and team objectives.
public workshoplearn more